Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hawaii Zoo









Dallas's Fall break was so nice! I loved having her home for a week. I got a little teary (which is not that surprising lately) dropping her off at school again this morning. Nathan had Wednesday off and we went to the Zoo & Planetarium in Hilo (the other side of the island). It was a long drive but we made lots of stops! And we had good company. We even went the Southern way so we could go by a black sand beach and pick up Black Sand for my sister-in-law Paula:). But I totally got in trouble taking sand from the beach. A Hawaiian lady said she was going to watch me while I dumped out each little bag and that she knows how many I had. I felt like I was in 3rd grade again!! Anyways, it was really embarrassing. I guess they think that if I took the sand, there wouldn't be any left. Oh well! I will have to be more sneaky next time. The zoo had the first white tiger I have seen. And the planetarium show was supposed to be about starts. It turned out it was about Mummies:) But luckily, there weren't too many scary pictures of dead bodies. Brenna was the one with all of the questions.
On our way to church Sunday, Nathan hurt his back and seriously couldn't move for a day. He has been home recuperating but today he went to work! We are crossing our fingers he will get better. Our memory foam bed is perfect for me, but not so good for his back:(.

7 comments:

brandon said...

oh my gosh i can't believe that last picture is of sadie she looks so grown up. your girls are so gorgeous. they are awesome. i miss them. i remember D is a good tickler, baylie was pretty good also. thanks so much for the photos, sorry was a bit of a dud on phone, post work you know. xoxobro

Nancy Jo said...

Loved all the pictures - such a darling family. Linds you look great!!! Sorry about Nate's back. Sounds like you are having a great time. Funny about the nazi sand lady : )

Sarah said...

Is there some kind of sand law????? if not, i think i would have kept the bags and said something Godly in passing lol

Teresa p said...

There is a sand law. If everyone takes some, there will be none left. Not to be sanctimonious or anything :) Maybe just take a little tiny bagful. Or make sure there's some in the bottom of one of your sand toy buckets when you put them away.

Amber said...

You are too cute girl!

And I can't believe they wouldn't let you take some sand. It looks REALLY cool. I'd love to have some. Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Hawaii. Uh....yeah right....maybe in my next life. Or at least when the kids get older.

abby or mama said...

Thanks for trying for the sand Linds! I feel so bad that lady gave you a hard time, that looks like a cool place. p.s-You win the cutest pregnant mom award, you and the girls look darling!

Courtney said...

Such fun photos. I can't believe how old Sadie is getting. So fun that you went to the zoo. I love the zoo.