Sunday, November 13, 2011
We are so thankful for the girls. Tomorrow Sadie will be 3!! Wed, Dallas is 7!! Time has flown with these girls!! Sadie has given our family spunk with her love for life! She officially went to church all three hours with panties!! Yay!! She will begin the New Year in real Primary as a Sunbeam!! She is so excited to be three. So far her favorite toys from her party were her puzzle, purse, pillow pet, camera, and slap bracelet! She also loves her happy birthday singa ma jig, new books, and her new sparkly red shoes with a pretty dress. She wanted a strawberry turkey cake so that is what we made if you can imagine! I told her she could go to Disneyland if she got potty trained so now I have to cash in!! Happy Birthday Sadie. You are officially 3 in 2 1/2 hours!
Dallas will be seven and it was her idea for the Turkey themed party. She loved the crafts pinata, presents, and cake! She loved having a party even if there were a few drama moments:)shh! Dallas loved her presents from her party: new fake nails, lip gloss, her paint polish, her new clothes, calendar, journal, jewelry, books, jammies, sing a ma jig, shoes, and tutu. She can't wait till she is officially 7 and already acts so old. She played her soccer game yesterday in the rain and loved that her Daddy took her. She loves anything that involves her cousins, aunties, uncles, grandparents (that includes you Nana!) and she will turn any scrap around the house into a craft. She loves music and loves her Junie B. Jones and Magic Tree House books. She misses her friends in HI still b/c she makes friends wherever she goes. She is our night scripture reader for the family reading time. She is a good older sister and made us chocolate chip pancakes on Fri. for breakfast! She loves her back scratched and her long hair. She is outgoing and we love her!!! More birthday week picts to come.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Well, this is our first company staying in CA to visit us! It is great that all the cousins could be together with their Nana for a bit! We went over to the Mccoys for an amazing Sunday dinner party. The 3 babies got together and the 3 four year olds! There is nothing like family. We loved having my sister's family stay and getting together with my Mom and sister. We even escaped for a girls night to Footloose in Pasadena--our half way point from Santa Clarita where Brooke lives. Four years ago when the 4 years olds were born, we got together to see Wicked! I wonder what we will do in another 4 years:)!
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
This trip has to be documented! After 2 years of living in HI, we finally went to Utah to visit my grandparents and other family. We stayed with my sister's family in Orem--thanks Courtney!!
Just thinking of a few highlights:
1. Courtney gave me a haircut-definitely needed it!! They are the best hosts! Kids played great and it was really fun to hang out with them.
2. Sadie saying 100 times after Nana left: "Nana says she loves my doggie kisses!!" This is funny because everyone, including me, is always telling her that nobody likes doggy kisses. Sadie was thrilled that Nana has unconditional love for her. My parents drove down with my grandparents to see us for the last night they were in town. Great to see them & they always spoil us rotten.
3. 20+ hours with 4 children under 6. Definitely a test of patience.
4. The girls singing Grandma and Grandpa about 10 songs. I don't think she remembered that they just sang but really liked it and would say, "K, are you going to sing now?" Grandma remembered the words to the primary songs and sang along. It was great.
5. The three youngest girls had terrible snotty noses the whole time, which they gave to C.J. and Emma Jane. Sorry!
6. Utah is beautiful. It brought back lots of memories from living there and visiting Bountiful for dinners at the Tanners, and hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's when I was homesick, which for awhile was every weekend. Also the place where Nathan and I met, dated, and the place of Dallas's birth. We both graduated college there and I lived there for 6 years!!
I got to meet baby June. She is a doll. So good to see EVERYONE. They were long awaited visits. I really missed my grandparents, especially because my Grandpa is 89!