Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy July 4th!!









4th of July was HOT in LA! We went to a downtown celebration at Fort Moore- A Pioneer Memorial that honored the 1st Independence Day celebrated in Los Angeles, built by the Mormon Battalion in 1857.  We cooled off that night swimming, eating watermelon and lots of yummy food and watching fireworks. I couldn't believe Brenna fell asleep during the fireworks. And Dallas was cheering over every single one--"That one was BEAUTIFUL" and "You can do it fireworks, Keep going!" So funny. The next day we went up into Mt. Baldy behind Upland (Nate's hometown) and let the girls play in the stream. It was so pretty there and definitely nice to get out of LA. I didn't know they had ski lifts 20 minutes from their house. I definitely want to plan a post baby ski trip next year. 

5 comments:

alison said...

Cute pictures Linds! Dallas is looking so mature and old. And YOU don't even look pregnant! I am assuming you don't want the maternity clothes I borrowed! Sheesh! I hope you feel as fabulous and you look. Hang in there with the awful heat. And Happy 4th to you too!

kasie said...

Wish we were there! brenna is so funny!

Brandon Walter Evans said...

sooo cute. brenna sleeping, brenna eating, and D with her bandaid. very pretty.

Courtney said...

Those pictures were adorable. I love the picture of Brenna eating the watermelon. So cute! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

The Haney Family said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Brenna w/ the watermelon. And that was fun watching you sing. But it was also so hot!