Friday, September 26, 2014

Newspaper.com

With Grandpa being sick and all, I thought it would be fun to look up newspaper articles of him and my grandma!! Newspapers.com is AMAZING!!! I was able to find so many. My grandma--she did a lot of golf!! I didn't realize she was so good! She would golf several times a week and was in the newspaper a lot for it. One of these articles says that Grandma went to a gathering at Mrs. Lavell Edward's house!! That's a big BYU football name and fun to see her associating with them. What an exciting time to live in Provo. That is also when my Grandpa was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.Grandpa, he was also a community businessman and was in the chamber of commerce and helped raise money to build the BYU Marriott Center. I am a proud grand-daughter! I didn't realize they did so much in the community. I love them so much and hope I can be a lot like them in many many ways! These finds are gems and the type of stuff that makes me happy:)! I find serious joy in learning about my ancestors. 











2 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

I love this Linds! What a find. Thanks for being our family genealogist.

brookeisacrazylady said...

oh my goodness that is a hilarious one about their wedding, love the picture!