Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Grandpa

After getting news about Grandpa, that his kidneys aren't doing their job. I have thought about how lucky I am to be his grand-daughter!! I want to tell him that I'll see him again, even if its not in this life. I am so grateful that Families are Forever--through Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the temple that has the power to seal families together forever!! Love my good as gold, kind-hearted, funny, patient, loving, smart, good looking, athletic Grandpa!! Who also gave me my perfect wonderful Mother!! My favorite memories with him are skiing with him on my birthday, him making me sandwiches, and playing uno with my girls. I also remember going up to their house almost every weekend when I was single. I remember meeting up with him at the BYU games my freshman year, because he had seasoned tickets. He helped me move and helped me do my laundry when I was sick after Dallas was born. He used to say I was too skinny. He loves cranberry juice, bacon and sausage for breakfast. He used to be so funny with my Grandma. They would go back and forth. He took such good care of her. He was a great golfer and skier and loved going to coffee with his friends. He always made sure I went to church when I visited and I would go over there for conference on the weekends. He got big into recycling and gave me a few lectures about recycling, and paying my bills on time.








2 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

ahh this is so cute. those are my favorite memories with grandpa too, skiing and sandwiches. so cute you have so many pictures with me i don't think i have one! he is good as good for sure. and i was telling my kids next time they see him he will be younger and healthy and running to give them a hug! that will be great. why are you so beautiful?????

Nancy Jo said...

Loved this. Couldn't read it to dad, would have cried. Showed him the pics ..told him a little. Thx