Monday, April 18, 2011

The week before Easter

This is a picture captured right before church. Nathan had early meetings so he was home to help us get ready--so nice! Layla's dress is 3-6 months and I think fits her well.
I have always wanted to do something creative for Easter the week leading up to it for kids--like one thing everyday about Jesus. Have you heard of any ideas?
Potty training began today. So far we are 0-4! But I am not freaking out yet. I know it takes some getting used to and this is when I really appreciate tiled floors.
I also got my first filling today:(. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Luckily Nathan numbed me up really well.

5 comments:

christy said...

I got some big golden eggs at walmart and I am giving them to them with a message inside about the easter gift that Jesus gave them and asking them to write something they can do as a gift to him everyday. When they go to put their gift to him in the egg everyday this week there will be a treat inside and a note thanking them for their gift to Christ.

christy said...

i've also done this before
http://nitewriter.net/easter_story.htm

Courtney said...

We do something similar. Easter is so hard b/c the Easter Bunny is so far from the Resurrection. So, last year, I got a bag of Easter eggs. I filled each one with a picture that related to the Real meaning of Easter. I put a few jelly beans in there too b/c they got them more excited about opening them. Then, each day we opened a couple and talked about what each picture meant and how it related to the Resurrection and what Jesus did for us. The kids really liked it, and it dumbed it down to their level. Plus, they got candy, so they loved it! By the way, I got just used pictures of sugardoodle.net

bro said...

This pic is absolutely the cutest

Kira =] said...

We do the 12 eggs of Easter. Each day we open an egg with a scripture and a little symbol for each scripture. Ending with opening egg 12 on Easter.

Day 1 is a little wooden dowel end which looks like a cup & Matthew 26:39
Day 2 has 3 dimes & Matthew 26:14-15 (fulfilled in Matthew 26:47-49)
Day 3 some craft twine wrapped in a loop & Matthew 27:1-2)
Day 4 small piece from bar of soap & Matthew 27:24-26)
Day 5 tiny picture of Christ in robe (we found stickers) & Matthew 27:28-30
Day 6 a nail & Matthew 27:31-32
Day 7 dice & Matthew 27:35-36
Day 8 earth in a baggie & Matthew 27:50-51, 54
Day 9 scrap of white linen & Matthew 27: 57-59
Day 10 rock & Matthew 27:60, 65-66
Day 11 cinnamon in a baggie & Matthew 28:5
Day 12 (empty) & Matthew 28:6