Sunday, March 27, 2011








Layla is 6 weeks old as of yesterday! She is growing fast and we are learning to do a little more with her everyday. This past week I ventured out with her to run errands like Costco and the post office and it pretty much went well. Except I knew I was a little scattered when I got a phone call from my bank saying I left my debit card and office max 10 minutes before. Whoops!! But I even took her to church last Sunday. She slept most the time in her car seat. And other days this week we went to the park with the girls and for her 6 week mark yesterday, I took the girls to the keiki ponds--kid beach for those outside HI. She slept in the baby bjorn the whole time. I got completely fried with an ugly bjorn tan line in the back, but it felt soo good to get out in the sun and be around friends. At night it has been bouts of crying spells that have been so so long some nights, seriously to my breaking point almost. But I read that 6 weeks is their fussiest age, so I guess she is by the book that way. The girls are doing good, but today they were all begging for some Mommy one on one time, which is hard to give in between feeding, rocking, changing Layla and then trying to feed and clean up after the big girls all day, plus laundry and clean house:). Oh, the life of a mother. So I took some time with Dallas and we cut up one of my dresses that was too small and she sewed a skirt. She has been wanting to sew something forever and has been helping me so much and I think feeling neglected also. Anyway, this is my poor attempt at taking pictures lately. Hopefully since Nathan is home some tomorrow, he can capture some better ones.

ps. My favorite part of the day is Layla bath time. She just loves it!! Oh, and also I have been getting out for some night time walks with my ipod. I do love to blast Wicked Soundtrack, Black Eyed Peas, and Pointer Sisters when I am walking up our huge huge hill we live on. It makes it so fun!

9 comments:

Melody Hornsby Stephens said...

My 4th cried all the time! I kept taking her back to the Dr. saying something is WRONG with this baby!! We put her on a special formula that helped some but she just had to grow out of it. It took about 6 months! Hope Layla stops crying alot before that! She is so cute just like the rest of your girls!! Hang in there! 4 little ones is hard! Not sure how my mom did it with 5.

Nancy Jo said...

Darling pictures! You are being a great mom! Your girls are all so cute! Thanks for the update. I was missing seeing your girls & you. I am impressed Dallas made a skirt out of your dress. So talented!

brookeisacrazylady said...

Oh my goodness Layla is so cute, seriously. I keep wondering if my baby will be that cute cause Layla is beautiful! Do you think she looks like Sadie? And they are all going to have your lips!

Ya I just remember being really jealous of people who said their fourth were so easy. awesome dallas sewed a skirt! wow! wish we could see your girls! tell them their cousins miss them

bro said...

So cute lindz thanks

Nilla said...

All your girls are so adorably cute! I keep noticing in the most recent pictures that Sadie looks so much like you! Congrats on Layla! Hard to believe you have 4 girls now! (Have we really been out of high school long enough for that ;))?

Sarah said...

Walker has been screaming too at night. inconsolable crying is the worst! my doc said its colic and he cant self sooth and i prob have about another month of it. I wouldnt wish it on anyone! but at least he is healthy! cate is adjusting too and is having a hard time with waiting for attention. we try to do as much one on one time too. i dont know how you handle 4! 2 is enough for me!!! love the pics!! shes so beautiful!

Courtney said...

Such cute pictures! I am dying to meet her and hold her! If you come to LA, I am going to hog her! :) I am so impressed with Dallas making a skirt. That is so awesome. I bet she loved it and was so proud of herself! Sorry for the crying. I can't imagine. It is funny how you forget about those not so fun parts when you get pregnant or are pregnant. You're amazing though. Your kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful, patient mother.

The Qian Family said...

Such cute pictures! Hope we get to hang out with your family...one of these days!

Karly said...

I can't believe how much Layla looks like the other girls!!! Especially Sadie... seems like only yesterday I was snapping shots of her! Wow! Beautiful family. Enjoy the adventure.