Monday, September 6, 2010


THIS BIRD FLEW INTO OUR HOUSE TODAY!! We had our garage door open and in flew this little bird straight to our kitchen sink. He kept trying to get to a window but there were screens on all of them. We had a fun time trying to get it out.

This was right before we headed to Kukio beach where Brenna and I were snorkeling and saw an EEL!! It looked like this picture but more bright green! I was spooked and kicked my fins as fast as I could until we went around a corner of a big rock. I did not tell Brenna who was already freaked after Dallas and Nathan saw a bunch of puffer fish. But we stayed for over five hours and had a great day!! Hope everyone else had a great Labor Day too!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Crazy about the bird in the house. It is so sad when birds get trapped and try to escape through a closed window. I bet that was pretty exciting! And, the EEL!! They had a green one at the science museum in birmingham, and that sucker always freaked me out. I can't image seeing one in the ocean. They always remind me of Princess Bride.

Nancy Jo said...

I would have been kicking fast too! Can't believe Brenna was with you. That is so neat your kids can snorkel. Was that beach far away? Glad you got the bird out and it didn't get hurt hitting all the screens. Had Nathan seen pufferfish before in the ocean?

bra said...

An eel would freak me out too. But I think puffers are cool.

Lindsey said...

Nathan sees pufferfish all the time snorkeling. Dallas likes seeing them. I have never seen one. Brenna just learned how to breathe through her snorkel, but we brought along the boogie board too.

ETCK said...

Hey how are you guys?! I want to send you a baby announcement so you can see little "Claire Bear". Will you email me your address? tanyajo3@msn.com