Sunday, August 23, 2009

Spiders and more...



Nathan got a reaction from a medicine he was taking. Who knew he was allergic to penicillin? This is just a glimpse of what he looked like. He couldn't even move his fingers they got so swollen. Poor Guy!! He is doing much better now.


So this week we have found these spiders around our yard!! They are huge and make huge webs. People here love to say, "Get used to it," when talking about all the bugs and spiders here. They are everywhere. Luckily they are not poisonous. Only the centipedes and little frogs that come out at night are what you have to watch for. If you find a centipede, you have to cut it up I guess b/c it won't die any other way.



8 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

So sorry about Nate's reaction, but glad the medicine worked. That spider is totally the one we have here in good ole' Bama that we call Banana spiders. The Blackman boys used to come over and hold them in their hand : )

christy said...

We used to find big colorful spiders in our yard in MD all of the time. My kids liked to throw bugs into their web and watch them work.
We saw centipedes when we were in Hawaii. They freaked me out.

Heather said...

Yeah, I don't think I could get use to those creepy things either. When I find one in my yard, I spray it with bug spray and tear the web down with the rake.

brookeisacrazylady said...

those are the creepiest spiders i have ever seen. glad they aren't poisonous.

take a picture of the centipedes too.

Mitchell4 said...

Ewwww Spiders

Glad that Nathan's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

oh man Nathan. I didn't know it was THAT bad. Hope you Pfister's are loving it out there! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

i think i would die. and Doug would definitely have to move back to the states. he makes ME kills the spiders in our household.

Frannie

Courtney said...

Those are some cool pictures of those spiders. They would freak me out. Knowing that something is not poisonous is so not comforting to me. I still wouldn't want to touch or have it in a 5ft vicinity.