Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thankful Alphabet


So the last 2 days, I haven't had the best luck with my car--died on me twice--and I backed into my garage:)--whole different story. Basically I have my rear light taped onto the car. Which reminds me of my old jetta. One time in college after backing into my trash cans twice, the tail fender (I think that is what it called) broke off and was hanging down by threads. My uncle helped me tape it on with black tape to hide it saving me from having to tell my parents. Ha ha. It totally worked. And then last night, these crazy people were fighting and cussing on the street for like 3 hours--in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night right outside our house. I recognized this one lady's voice. She frequently visits our alley on drunken rampages cussing at the top of her lungs in the wee hours of the morning. Fun Fun.
So..on that note, I am going to start a THANKFUL ALPHABET (of things I am thankful for and that I love) to help me get in the Thanksgiving mode:

A: Answered prayers--like this girl who helped me jump start my car yesterday afternoon at the doctor's office.
B: Blankets that are so cozy when its cold. I am so thankful for BRENNA, of course--who just got another tooth on top and is my little sweetheart, Babysitters, good Books.
C: Calorie Free Drinks--Diet Coke:), Concealer--that gets rid of the bags under my eyes, Candles--Salt City are my favorite, Chickflicks, Church.
D: Dallas--who is my smartie pants and cutie pie and who will be 3 tomorrow!! , Dark Chocolate--especially Mrs. Cavanaugh's in Utah,
E: Evans Family: (Evans is my maiden name:) so this is including all of you family who I love and wished we all lived by each other.

5 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

Oooh...that is too bad at the car. We are definitely related.

Good idea about the alphabet list, I should do that too!

Ashley McNair said...

Cute Thankful list! I'm going to use that idea. I remember some fun times in the good ol' Jetta! :)

Heather said...

Since I started driving, my worst nightmare has been that my car dies and leaves me stranded. I don't worry about it as much since I've got a cell phone, but you still have to have someone to call.

I was at your parent's house Monday night when Dallas called. It was so funny and cute how your Dad's voice changed when he realized it was her. Then your Mom was telling us what she wants her next license plate to say. It was something about having great grandkids(as in wonderful, not her grandkids kids). I told her she should just put great nana because I'm sure she is.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when the car has to have a bandaid? Hopefully it will feel better soon : ) We are so thankful for you and your family!! xoxoxomomanddad

the waites said...

Lins that saw so cute, and great idea...Tis the season! I was hoping that you would do the whole Alphabet.