Monday, August 16, 2010

A few new 1st's!!










Well--lots of new things have happened lately!!

First off~ our family went on our first camping trip! With the church and it was really fun and gorgeous campsite. We have such a great ward. Everyone is so nice, friendly & helpful. Check out the photo's on Nathan's photo site to the right to see the roasted pig! And to see his amazing Mauna Kea star pictures he took last night!

*But it was the 1st time I have ever stepped on a Sea Urchin! Everyone said that to make it better, you need somebody to "shee shee" (hawaiian for urinate) on it!! Nathan was in the water spear diving with some friends and so I just kept telling everyone that I would wait for Nathan. It was pretty ouchy though! All the spines were still stuck in my foot--not coming out! So...one of my friend's husband DONATED his urine for me in a water bottle so I could dump it on my foot:) Ahh! It was really nice of him and it actually felt better afterward:)!! But that is something I never would have thought would happen! Anything goes when you are camping I guess!

Next~ Dallas started 1st Grade!! She has Mrs. Fox as a teacher. She is liking it but says it is a lot of boring work:)

Good news~ Somehow we talked the owners of the house we are renting to drop their rent 400$ a month! We are so happy because we were going to move to save a bit more, but not anymore! Yay. And our prayers were answered today because our house in LA got new renters in it!!

Exciting news ~ Well, our little family of 5 is going to grow to 6 as of possibly February 11th!! And according to the new test IntelliGender, It says we might be having our 1st BOY!! We will test it out with our ultrasound in a month though! I am definitely feeling different with this one, so I would have to say, I think it is too. Even though we would love another girl too:)! Thanks to Sarah for the info about that test!

14 comments:

Our Family said...

Congrats Lindsey! You look great in previous pictures! We will be having ours close together! How are the doctors out there?

Heather said...

Congratulations!

Ali said...

Linds! I sure hope its a boy. Although your girls are pretty stinkin' cute! Love you, and can't wait to see you! When Brian told me, I was SOO excited!! Love you guys!

brookeisacrazylady said...

I'll cross my fingers for you. camping looks great, but glad it was you and not me. stinky about the sea urchin!

Amber said...

What a life! Looks like it's going well. Congrats on getting your rent lowered. That is AWESOME! And double congrats on having a baby. I'll cross my fingers that you get your boy too! Never heard of the intelligender test. What's that all about???

And the sea urchin story. Bleck! That was nice of someone to "donate" their urine for you though. Totally hilarious story.

brandon said...

too cute kids, thanks for the photos

Reeve family said...

Congrats to your whole family on finding out you are expecting again
! Glad you guys are doing well!

alison said...

congrats! what exciting news!

Sarah said...

OMG!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Now I hate you, you skinny preggo!!!! lol Ur stomach was FLAT!!! I need pics later for proof of this supposed baby! lol =) And I can't believe you had to pour urine on your foot! thank god it was in a bottle and someone didn't squat over your foot lol

abby or mama said...

Hooray! -maybe a cutie little boy,we need a playmate around for Dax that is so exciting, I bet the gender test is going to become so popular, sorry you stepped on the urchin but that story is hilarious and the camp ground looks nice, The girls look so cute and are just growing so fast, I love Brenna's bows, I bet she was so proud of her hair! Tell Nate his pics look so good they must be fake! ha-ha

Jenny said...

Hello Lindsey,
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys. Boys are fun!!Say hi to the girls.

Cody, Allison, Kaitlyn and Andrew said...

Lindsey! Yaah for baby #4. How exciting for you guys. Lets hope you get your boy! Hope all is well.

The Haney Family said...

Yay! February 11 is my birthday! What a great due date :). I've been trying to call you for months and your phone always gives me a weird message! Darn! Hope you are feeling great.

Karly said...

GREAT NEWS!!!! You are expecting!!! How fun to have a Hawaii baby. I hope you are feeling well. Keep us posted! on gender and all! xoxo Karly