Saturday, November 7, 2009

Wings Recipe

So here is the recipe for Nathan's wings. They are so good. We had some today--pretty yummy. We have been sick for the last few weeks with Roseola & the flu. We are crossing our fingers for more luck next week. 1 week from today Sadie will be 1 and then Dallas will be 5 shortly after! Then my parents come!

Nathan’s Deep Fried Chicken Wings

2 tbsp Garlic Powder

1 ½ tbsp Cayenne Pepper

1 tbsp Paprika

½ tsp Black Pepper

1 Cup Flour

1 Cup buttermilk (1 cup milk with 1 tsp. white vinegar. Sit 5 min)

Defrost Wings (we have been buying frozen). Mix paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper & flour together in bowl. Set aside. In separate bowl mix chicken with spices (to taste) and buttermilk. Put in fridge for 2 hours to marinate.After 2 hours, take out of fridge and cover each wing in flour mixture.Deep fry 1 layer of wings at 350 degrees(about 6 wings) for 10 minutes. If still frozen, add more minutes.

Wing Sauce

2/3 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce

1/3 cup melted butter

Melt butter and mix with hot sauce.


5 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

sounds delicious, i'm impressed. i'm going to bed but maybe i'll call you first.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Sadie is almost one! I remember that day perfectly. Brian and I had so much fun watching Dallas and Brenna! Hope you guys get better. We miss you so much, and are so excited to see you guys soon.. hopefully!!!

and Dallas turning 5! I can't believe that. Give her a big birthday hug for me.

Courtney said...

That sounds yummy. Where do you get Frank's hot sauce from?

sherryandbryon said...

Lindsey,
This is Sherry Fresh (Glazier, now). Do you remember me?! :) I just saw a link to your blog on Kelsey's blog. It's SO good to see you again! You look great and your girls are BEAUTIFUL! How fun it must be to live in Hawaii. Do you remember your hair dresser, Chelsea, that you told me about a LONG time ago? I still go to her and she ALWAYS asks about you still. So, everytime I get my hair cut, I think of you and have wondered what you've been up to. So glad to know you're doing well. We'll have to keep in touch. Our blog address is theglazierfamily.blogspot.com
Take Care!

grandmamoses said...

Wow..sounds like a great recipe and I love all the pictures!
I'll see if I can find you your favorite chocolate!!
Grandma